I’m not really sure what to show in this post, but I think I will go over some of my stats, the 2019 TBR and reading goals I made at the beginning of the year!
As of now (December 29) I’ve read 253 books! I’m very surprised by this number haha, and I’m very curious to how I managed it and if I ever will be able to do it again!
I wanted to show more stats, but some things I didn’t track throughout the year and it was a bit hard to collect them all now. But now I know what things to keep track off for next year!
Here are the stats I collected:
I should read more books from Male authors haha, but tbh I’m not surprised with this result!
Also no surprises here, but I would like to read more adult books in 2020!
I’m happy to see that more than half of my reads were 4 stars or higher! Would be nice if the percentage would be even bigger next year!
This one surprised me! I didn’t know I read this many e-books, but I guess that’s mainly because of E-ARCs!
For next year I would like to keep track of the age group a bit better, since now sometimes I guessed a bit, and I definitely would like to keep track of the genre better! Please let me know what other stats you would be interested in seeing!
So let us now look back at the 2019 TBR that I made at the beginning of the year!
- The wise man’s fear by Patrick Rothfuss – Definitely read this, and loved it, 5 stars!
- Scrappy little nobody by Anna Kendrick – I have no idea why I put this on here, but I read it, gave it 2 stars though..
- Chain of gold by Cassandra Clare – Obviously didn’t, since it was pushed back!
- The fifth season by NK Jemisin – Read it, gave it 4 stars at the time, but now I think I would give it 3 stars, wasn’t a huge fan.
- Royal assassin by Robin Hobb – I read it, but I think I should reread the first two books, before reading the third book!
- Priory of the orange tree by Samantha Shannon – Read it, 5 stars!
- A book of spirits and thieves by Morgan Rhodes – Read it, enjoyed it, but won’t continue the series.
- The poppy war by RF Kuang – A favourite of this year!
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson – Another favourite of this year!
- The black prism by Brent Weeks – Nope, didn’t read!
Wow, from all the books that I could read I only didn’t read one! I didn’t know I did this well haha! Especially since I never looked back at this list!
And now time to look at my 2019 reading goals, I’m now realising that I didn’t keep great track of this, so these are mainly just estimates!:
- Read 175 books! – Definitely surpassed this!
- Read 15 classics! – I think I read 13/15, so at least I read one a month!
- Finish 15 series! – Finished more, since I wrote that I finished this one in June haha! I wasn’t sure what number was realistic haha!
- Read 5 non-fiction books! – I’m so happy that I made this goal, and completed it! This goal definitely made me pick up some non-fiction books, and I should do that more!
- Read 30 2019 releases! – I read way more, since I started my blog I read way more recent releases, since I’m more aware of them!
- Read 30 books released before 2016 (classics don’t count) – Also did this!
- Read 10 new-to-me authors! – Definitely did this one!
Oh wow, I almost did all of them! And I’m not mad about not finishing the classics one, since I mainly wanted to read one a month, and I did do that!
To see what I read each month you can click on the following links: