I wasn’t really sure what to do with my goals, since at this point, I have no clue what will happen with my life after June. Which stresses me out, but it also means I don’t know if I will be in a place were I can read a lot?! So I will make goals, but if they seem unrealistic by then, I won’t be annoyed for not being able to reach them!
My 2020 reading goals are going to be very similar to my 2019 reading goals (see here!), but you probably don’t remember those so I will just list them again 🙂
- Read 200 books, I have no idea how I keep being able to read this much, but I’m enjoying it!
- Read 12 classics, I want to read one classic a month again, but I noticed near the end of 2019 I started to not enjoy the classics I was reading, so I have to be sure to read classics I’m actually interested in and not the necessarily the ones from the most popular authors!
- Read 5 non-fiction, I struggled with doing this one last year, but I did read some good and interesting ones! And I definitely learned something from those!
- Finish 10 series, I also struggled with this goal last year, since I wasn’t sure when it counted haha. For this year I mean to finish series I started before 2020, catching up on a series doesn’t count!
- Read 30 2020 releases, I think this one will be really doable, based on the amount of 2019 releases I read in 2019.
- Read 30 ‘backlist’ books, for me this are books released before 2017 (2017 not counting, and books I’m counting as classics also don’t count)
I think I will be able to do this!