So I really love 24H readathon’s! (here you try to read as much as possible in 24h) Unfortunately every time these are organised I can’t participate 🙁
Since this weekend we had a long weekend I decided to do my own 24h readathon on last Thursday (May 10th).
So I made a TBR, being aware this is probably not doable but whatever haha
- Batman: nightwalker. Since I still need to read this and it is quite short 🙂
- Charlotte’s web. This one should be easy since it’s a children’s book and really short.
- Giant days vol: 4. (to break up the novels :))
- Take back the skies. I have had this on my TBR for quite a while, have no idea what it is about, but it is not to long and has a big font!
- I would like to make a start on my arc of the oddling prince. I also don’t think this is really long, so maybe if the day goes really well haha
- And lastly, I will start listening to the last ever after. For when I am doing things and can’t physically read.
Let’s just start with saying that I can’t deal without sleep, so don’t expect me to not sleep for 24 hours ..
Okay I have no clue how to make this interesting to read, but I wrote updates every hour, about how far I was etc, so I guess I will just write those down?!
If your not interested in this, I will write a wrap up down below so you could just scroll down to read that!
|6:00||Tried to wake up but feel back asleep.. Good start haha|
|Tried to wake up again, this time it went well haha.
Started reading Batman: nightwalker.
|8:00||Reached page 50 of Batman. Also got myself out of my bed to make some breakfast.|
|9:00||Reached page 122 of Batman.|
|Reached page 202 of Batman.
Finished Batman: nightwalker. So my morning started of pretty well with only reading. Also took a small break from reading.
|11:00||Started reading Take back the skies.|
|12:00||Reached page 78 of Take back the skies. Took a break to go to the supermarket and clean my room while listening to The last ever after.|
|Listened to 1h and 10 minutes of my audio book at 1.5 speed (so approximately 45 min.). Prepared some lunch.
Eat my lunch while reading Giant days vol. 4
|Finished Giant days vol. 4
Continued reading Take back the skies, with a healthy snack
|15:00||Reached page 122 of Take back the skies – started to get a bit distracted by everything, for example the back cover of this book!
Also drank some RedBull, because TIRED!
|Reached page 122 of Take back the skies. Took a break here, reading started to be tiresome, I did listened to my audiobook though until I reached 1h and 50minutes at 1.5 speed.
Continued reading Take back the skies, since I wanted to finish it before dinner.
|17:00||Reached page 252 of Take back the skies.|
|Reached page 330 of Take back the skies.
Finished Take back the skies.
Prepared dinner while listening to my audiobook until I reached 2h and 38 minutes at 1.5 speed (so 1h and 45minutes).
|19:00||Ate dinner while started reading Charlotte’s web.|
|Reached page 87 of Charlotte’s web. Took a shower break and listened to my audiobook. Reached 3h and 14 minutes at 1.5 speed (so 2h and 9min).
Continued reading Charlotte’s web.
|Reached page 122 of Charlotte’s web. Also started watching the Eurovision songfestival, so my reading slowed down because that was a bit distracting.
Finished reading Charlotte’s web. Stopped reading for a bit.
|22:00||Started reading The oddling prince, which starts at page 9. Also drank some coffee and a healthy snack|
|Reached page 34 of The oddling prince. Eurovision songfestival ended, so prepared for bed.
Went to bed
Fell asleep, reached page 47 of The oddling prince.
WRAP UP TIME
So I read:
- Batman: nightwalker. 3 stars, will post a review next week! 250 pages
- Giant days vol. 4. 4 stars. 112 pages
- Take back the skies. 4 stars, will probably post a review since this was surprisingly good! 375 pages.
- Charlotte’s web. 4 stars, can’t believe I’ve never read this before. 186 pages.
- Listened to 3 hours and 14 minutes of The last ever after, which is worth 101 pages.
- And started The oddling prince, only read 38 pages.
So I read a GRAND total of 1064 pages !!!!
I’m an overachiever I know.. But I actually thought I had quite a relaxing day!
Really proud of myself for not grabbing for unhealthy snacks all the time, but ate fruit!
Will definitely do another one in the future since I really enjoyed myself!
Come talk to me!
Do you ever do 24h readathons?
What do you think I can do different for such a kind of post? To make it more interesting?