Back in August I did some 5 star predictions, so before the year ends I would like to give n update on these, so I could make a new list in the new year! I will have to see if I actually read them by now, and of course my rating! (if I reviewed them, it will be linked) So this was my list:
- Darkdawn – Jay Kristoff – Definitely enjoyed this one, but it wasn’t my favourite in the series, so ended up giving this one 4 stars!
- The toll – Neal Shusterman – Loved this, indeed 5 stars!
- The queen of nothing – Holly Black – unfortunately didn’t read this one, still thinking it will be 5 stars though!
- Ninth house – Leigh Bardugo – Oh boy, what was I wrong.. DNF’ed this one!
- Dance of thieves – Mary E Pearson – Another one I was really wrong about.. gave this 2.5 stars!
- Summer of salt – Katrina Leno – I was a bit disappointed by this one, gave it 3 stars!
- Girls of paper and fire – Natasha Ngan – I’m so sad I haven’t read this one yet..
- Wicked saints – Emily A Duncan – Another one I still haven’t read..
- The poppy war – RF Kuang – Absolutely loved this one! New favourite!
- A book of spirits and thieves – Morgan Rhodes – Not as good as the original series, 3.5 stars! Since the third book will not be published, I’ve decided not to continue on with this series.
So I didn’t look at this list at all before I wrote this post. And I have to say I’m a bit disappointed.. Out of the ten books listed, there are still three unread books. And out of the seven books I read, I rated two 5 stars.. I guess I’m not good in this game haha!
I’m planning to make a new list at the beginning of the next year, hopefully that one will work out better!