Ooh this was so hard! I’ve read so many great books this year! I’m first going to list some of my most surprising reads of this year, so books I ended up loving more then I thought I would! And then I will list the best of the best, in my opinion! These will be in no particular order, and if I have a review I will link it!
So let’s start with the surprising reads:
- Four Three Two One by Courtney Stevens – I loved her previous book, but because of the topic I wasn’t sure if I would love this one as well, but it was so good!
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – Honestly I didn’t expect her to be able to do it again after Evelyn Hugo, but she did!
- We are okay by Nina LeCour – I picked this one up randomly, since I wanted a short read, didn’t think it would make me cry!
- With the fire on high by Elizabeth Acevedo – Everyone seemed to love this, but still I didn’t expect it to be this good
- Norweigan woods by Haruki Murakami – He is such a big author and I just wanted to try out his work, since this isn’t my usual genre I didn’t think I would love it this much!
- Wilder girls by Rory Power – I wasn’t sure what to expect of this one, since people seem to either love or hate this one. I defintiely loved it!
And now for the best books of 2019!
- The last magician and The devil’s thief by Lisa Maxwell – This series is so good, especially on audio!
- Do you dream of terra two? by Temi Oh – Holy crap this book was goood!
- Crown of feathers by Nicki Pau-Preto – I just couldn’t put this one down!
- The poppy war and the dragon republic by RF Kuang – Perfection! Bit gory though..
- The devouring grey by Christine Lynn Herman – Stranger things! Loved this, can’t wait for the sequel!
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson – I’m pretty sure this is my favourite Sanderson!
- Middlegame by Seanon McGuire – Holy crap!
- The toll by Neal Shusterman – This writing!
I think it is very interesting to see that all my surprising reads are contemporary and my best books are SFF hahah!