Kind of a different post from the one from yesterday, which contained my favourite books of 2018 (click here to read!). This list contains the most disappointing reads I read in 2018 (don’t feel attacked if it’s your favourite!). These books are not necessarily my lowest rated books, just the ones I had quite high expectations for and they did not meet them. If I have a review for the book you can click on the title!
Now from ‘least’ disappointing to most disappointing:
10. Defy the stars – Claudie Grey (2.5 stars). This book was too romance based on my opinion.
9. The heart of betrayal – Mary E Pearson (2.5 stars). Middle-book syndrome? Really enjoyed book 1 and 3 though!
8. Catwoman: soulstealer – Sarah J Maas (2 stars). Bit boring?
7. Crazy Rich Asians – Kevin Kwan (2 stars). Ooh what I struggle I had with reading this.. Too long and too many details.
6. Flame in the mist (2 stars) and Smoke in the sun (DNF) – Renee Ahdieh. Just didn’t enjoy?
5. The heart forger – Rin Chupeco (2 stars). Didn’t understand, would love to because the covers are beautiful.
4. Wayfarer – Alexandra Bracken (1 star). I love Alexandra Bracken, but this series was just not for me..
3. A closed and common orbit – Becky Chambers (2 stars). Loved book 1, this one was just boring.
2. All the crooked saints – Maggie Stiefvater (2 stars). This was mu first read of 2018, can still remember my disappointment.
1. What if it’s us – Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera (2 stars). Ooh, I was so excited for this, and then I was just bored and annoyed..
Again, these descriptions are short, for more go to the review (if I have them).
Come talk to me!
What your most disappointing read of 2018?