So after listing the Middle Grades, Mysteries and Non-fictions I want to read, it is now time for horror books! I’m still dipping my toes in this genre, because I don’t think I can deal with too scary books. But I have really enjoyed some I’ve read recently!
So here are some that I would like to try out:
- Near the Bone by Christina Henry – I’ve enjoyed some of her books, so I would like to try this one out!
- Comfort Me with Apples by Catherynne M Valente – This cover though!
- Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix – I just loved the concept of this one!
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones – I’ve heard many good things!
- Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas – I’m not sure if this is actually horror haha!
- The Twisted Ones by T Kingfisher – I really liked The Hollow Places!
- Birdbox by Josh Malerman – I’m doubting if I can deal with this haha, but I heard some good things!
- White Smoke by Tiffany D Jackson – Since this is YA, I hope this is easier to handle haha!
- The River Has Teeth by Erica Waters – I heard someone compare this to another book I liked, but I don’t remember who or what book, but now it is on my list!
- Under the Dome by Stephen King – I really wanted to put something Stephen King on here haha, I think I’ve watched the show, but can’t remember much of it haha!
14 thoughts on “Horror books to read!”
Horrorstor was entertaining. I highly recommend that you get the edition that resembles the Ikea catalog. It’s worth it.
Yeah I was definitely planning on doing that!
Oooh, great list! I loved Horrorstor, Near the Bone, and The Twisted Ones. I want to read Comfort Me With Apples soon! Let me know if you’d like to buddy read it!
Good to hear, makes me more excited!
Awesome, just let me know when is good for you! It’s a short read so I’m good any time!
So many great ones on this list! From what I’ve heard, the TV version of Under the Dome did not do justice to the book at all (I loved the book, then based on reviews, chose not to watch the series). I loved Near the Bone and The Twisted Ones, loved how weird and original Horrorstor is, and was scared silly by The Only Good Indians and Birdbox (but they were really good too!) .Hope you enjoy whichever ones you get to first!
This makes me more excited for all of them though!
I was drawn to Horrorstor because of its concept too and it doesn’t disappoint! I hope you’ll love it as much as I did.
Ooh that is good to hear!
You can handle Bird Box, no problem. White Smoke is waiting on my bookshelf!
Guess I will try it out then 🙂
You’ve picked some good ones! A lot are on my TBR but White Smoke was amazing, Horrorstor was a fun ride and Catherine House was weird but good. If you want more weird, the Bunny by Mona Awad is good too.
Ooh that is good to hear!
I actually tried Bunny, and really really did not like it haha…!
Comments are closed.