Today I will be doing my first book tag 🙂 This tag is taking over booktube every time this year, and I LOVE IT!
I really enjoy to look back on all the books I read so far and which were the best.
If I’m correct this tag was created by Chami on booktube, check her out here!
So if I look back at the goals I set at the beginning of this year (see them here!), from the ten books I set myself to read I have read two…
Other goals I set myself:
- Read 125 books (GoodReads goal), I have now changed that to 175 books. So far I have read 124 books! So that is going great!
- Read 12 classics. I’m currently reading my 8th classic, so a bit ahead of schedule 🙂
- Finish 10 series started before 2018. I thought I was doing really badly, but I just counted and apparently I finished 11?! So already finished!!
- Read 5 new to me authors. This I definitely did, I have read books from so many new to me authors! For example: Ashley Poston, Rae Carson, Mary E Pearson, Angie Thomas, Shea Ernshaw and so on!
- Read 15 2018 releases. WOWOWOW I did the best on this goal, 32!!!!! new releases! (If I counted correctly haha)
- Read 2 non-fiction books. So far I’ve read one so I guess I’m on track 🙂
So now for the actual tag:
- Best book you’ve read so far this year.
Hard question.. But I have to say The wicked deep, this book was amazing and took me by surprise! Also Children of blood and bone! And the nicest thing is.. both of these authors are debut authors! 🙂
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far this year.
Since on of my goals was to read more sequels I’ve read quite a lot 🙂 but that did not make this choose easier haha. To name some: Legendary, Gathering darkness, Frozen Tides, Crooked Kingdom, A conjuring of light.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
The cruel prince!! I got this in my Fairyloot box in January (??) and I still have not read it.. Also Ace of Shades, got that in my April OwlCrate, but still unread on my shelf. I’m also really looking forward to read Summer of salt, but that was not released that long ago.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Ooh soo manyyy, some of them are: Kingdom of Ash, the Lady’s guide to petticoats and piracy, Vemgeful (tbh haven’t read vicious yet, but VE Schwab!), the darkest legacy, City of Ghost (again VE Schwab), A map of days, … Ok I will stop now.
5. Biggest disappointment.
Unfortunately, A closed and common orbit.. I loved the first book in this series, but I so did not enjoy this book. Also A court of frost and starlight, I mean I knew it was only a short story, bit I still expected a bit more than that I got.
And also The unbinding of Mary Reade, concept was really good, but was just not executed well.
6. Biggest surprise.
The kiss of deception, I mean I’ve heard amazing things about this book, but it still exceeded my expectations! Also the smoke thieves! I loved this book so much!
7. Favourite new author.
Tomi Adeyemi, I want all her work! I can’t wait for Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Is that how it is called??), also Shea Ernshaw! (I mean both their books are my favourites haha)
8. Newest fictional crush.
Dante!!! <3 from legendary, I love that guy! He is cute, mysterious, sweet, hot, you name it!
9. Newest favourite character.
Zelie, from Children of Blood and Bone! Such a strong female character! Also Tella from legendary, again strong female! And there were actually way more, but can’t think of them now..
10. Book that made you cry.
I do not cry in books, like never.. Sometimes my eyes feel a but prickly, like in The Hate U Give, but that’s it. Can’t think of another book that made me feel like crying.
Oh wait there was a really sad moment in The knife of never letting, which made me want to cry.
11. Book that made you happy.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation.
I’ve actually only watched one, I think. And that was Love, Simon and that was FREAKING amazing, I loved it so much! I think the movie is as good as the book!
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year.
I’m doubting between Legendary and Leah on the offbeat. I was really happy with the result of both of those!
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought this year.
Like all the classic clothbound editions that I bought, or the puffin classics. Those are like the most beautiful books that I own!
But to say another book I would say the wicked deep, because that cover is perfect!
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year.
Like all the books that were on my list that I still have not read yet…
Assuming you do not know that list out of your head, these are the ones: The name of the wind, the astrophysics of someone in a hurry, lady midnight, the bone season, elantris, the fifth season, lumberjanes/gotham academy vol. 1 and lastly Little fires everywhere.
I loved doing this tag! If you did it as well let me know, I will check it out!
Come talk to me!
How are your reading plans going?