I actually have no idea where I want to go with this post. But I guess I just want to talk about reading manga, and mainly just asking some recommendations 🙂
I think I read my first manga 2 years ago, because me and my brother randomly started talking about Tokyo Ghoul, even though both of us hadn’t read or watched the anime hahah. So as soon as we came home we ordered the first to volumes, and honestly I hated the story ahah. It was not for me at all.. But I fall in love with the formatting! I love reading manga. The illustrations add so much to the story! I could just stare at some of the illustrations for so long!
After reading Tokyo Ghoul I’ve read some really great ones:
- Full-metal alchemist – I LOVE this series! Next up is volume 13! Which I hope to find in the stores soon!
- Sailor moon – I read two volumes, and I’m definitely interested in continuing, but it is so long haha
- Children of the whales – Again loving it! It is so weird, but so interesting! Next up is volume 6, which I will definitely buy ASAP!
- Horimiya – I’ve only read one volume so far, but I think I need to go to store soon and buy myself the second volume hahah
- Ouran high school host club – I think this is the only one on this list that I really didn’t care about..
- Orange – I absolutely LOVED the first volume! The only reason I haven’t continued is because they don’t sell it here, I keep seeing volume one, but not two..
- Fruits basket – I read this online, and I think that’s the reason why I didn’t enjoy it that much. I think I might reread it in paper at some point.
So as I said, most of these series I want to continue! Some others that I want to read:
- Ten count
- My hero academia
- Waiting for spring
- Naruto (maybe)
As you might see, they are mainly romance manga. With a couple of more fantasy (?) manga I guess.
Okay I know this is such a random post, I have no idea what direction I wanted it to take when I started?!
If you have some good recommendations, please let me know!
6 thoughts on “Reading Manga!”
I manage the manga section at work and also love reading them. Coincidence? I don’t think so… I basically just begged until they gave the section to me :DOooooh I LOVE Fullmetal Alchemist sooo much! It’s my all-time favourite manga and the anime (Brotherhood) ist just as good. It follows the manga to a T which is so rare! As for recs: you might enjoy ‘I Can Hear the Sunspot’ -> I got a review somewhere on my blog I think’This Promised Neverland’ is pretty cool as well as ‘Our Lonely War’ (strong art style and a good story that I am waiting impatiently to continue). There are so many cool mangas out there but I am really really picky when it comes to the art style as well as the way female characters are drawn. Hm, I might write my own post about Mangas…. you inspired me now :)Three more: ‘Litte Witch Academia’, ‘Siuil a Run’ and ‘Atelier of Witch Hat’ 🙂
I love fullmetal alchemist! But I don’t want to watch it just yet, because I want to read them first! And since I think I will really love the anime, once I start I probably won’t stop haha
Thanks you so much for the recommendations! I will definitely check them out!
I am a casual manga reader. I have certain series that I love, love, love (Bleach, Say I Love You, Full Metal Alchemist, Orange, Card Captor Sakura), and others that I read a bit casually (Naruto, Tsubasa – I just started!). But I just stared a new one that reminds me a lot of Orange called “I Want to Eat Your Pancreas” (trust magas to have bizarre titles!) – trust me, when you read the book, the title makes more sense
Ooh thanks for all the recommendations! I will definitely check them out! ☺️
” I actually have no idea where I want to go with this post.” <- This is legit how ALL of my posts start in my head!! I did a mini review of Ten Count Vol 1-6 today on my blog!! Coincidence!!Also, I loved the show for Ouran High School Host Club, and I’m a huge Sailor Moon tv show fan; but I’ve never read either of the manga. I keep meaning to order the SM one, but I just never have.Great post Evelyn!!
Comments are closed.