So I thought I would list some books that I loved and are underrated! To create this list I went to my ‘favourites’ shelf on GoodReads and ranked them on number of ratings! So I will list the ten bottom books from here (I might skip some sequels though!) Also if I have a review up for the book, they will be linked!
- Four Three Two One by Courtney C Stevens (659 ratings) – This was a very hard story to read, but it was also very beautiful. I really love this authors writing.
- Do You Dream of Terra-Two? by Temi Oh (2039 ratings) – This is a sci-fi that is actually not very big on action. I mean there is definitely action, but it is not the main thing about the book. I loved seeing the different relations between the characters, and the beautiful writing!
- Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power (2607 ratings) – Of course this is quite a recent release, so I hope there will be more people who are picking this one up! I think quite some readers are hesitant to read this because of Wilder Girls, which really was a book only some readers would like. While this book is more approachable for a wider range of readers, I think!
4. The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli (3373 ratings) (also book three, The Sky Weaver with 1101 ratings) – Of course this is a sequel (first book being The Last Namsara), but people need to read this! I think many people were disappointed by the amount of dragon in the first book, but there is more dragon in the sequels! Also again I loved the characters and the writing!
5. Dresscodes for Small Towns by Courtney C Stevens (3416 ratings) – I feel so sad that this author is on here twice! This is such a beautiful story about a daughter of a priest finding her way and her sexuality!
6. Spellbook for the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle (3819 ratings) – One of my favourite witch stories! This book was so atmospheric! Just as her other books!
7. And the Ocean Was Our Sky by Patrick Ness (5818 ratings) – I was actually surprised to find this one here?! I mean Patrick Ness is quite a big author, but then this is quite different from his other books! My favourite thing about this book were definitely the drawings!
8. The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman (6132 ratings) – Another one I was surprised to find here, I thought quote many readers read this one, apparently not..! Definitely recommend this one and its sequel though! Such interesting characters, very atmospheric, and I can definitely see the comparison to Stranger Things (which I also love!)
9. Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto (6497 ratings) (Also its sequel Heart of Flames with 1770 ratings) – Why did not many people read this?!? It is so good! I absolutely loved both of these, and cannot wait for the third book. The phoenixes are so interesting and I love the characters. Also I really recommend the audiobook!
10. Aurora Burning by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (9575 ratings) – Another very surprising one! I mean this author duo is very popular! Although I have heard quite many people being disappointed with Aurora Rising after the amazingness that was Illuminae! Which I can understand, but that does not mean that this series is amazing as well! (although Illuminae was better hahah)
18 thoughts on “Recommending Underrated Books!”
I loved aurora burning and crown of feathers- shame both of those are underrated!Curious about burn our bodies down, because I liked Rory Powers writing style. And I’ve been meaning to read the last namsara! (I have it on my kindle)
Yeah I hope mre people will pick up those books!
I hope you will love both burn our bodies down and The last namsara!
Ooo I definitely need to pick up one of Courtney C Stevens books! I’ve heard great things about Dress Codes for Small Towns, so I really want to read it soon. Burn Our Bodies Down is one of my favorites
It is so good! And burn our bodies down is amazing!
A lot of these sound really good! I love a good witch story so I added Spellbook for the Lost and Found to my list to keep an eye out for.
Ooh I hope you will like that one!
I am a huge fan of The Devouring Gray! That was such a good read. I do have Dress Codes for Small Towns on my TBR. Kayla from Booksandlala would always talk about that book. I have been meaning to pick it up for a while now.
It really was!
I definitely read that one because of her!
Great list! I have several of these on my TBR. Crown of Feathers, The Last Namsara, and Aurora Burning. Definitely have to get to them soon! lol
I hope you will love them!
I still haven’t read Aurora Burning, but I really enjoyed Aurora Rising!
I hope you will enjoy the sequel as well!
That’s a very interesting list Evelyn !!!!
I have owned Spellbook of Lost and Found for ages and have yet to pick it up. I kind of forgot that I owned it until I saw you mention it, so thank you! Maybe I can pick it up sometime in this spooky season 🙂 Great post!
You should! Definitely good spooky season vibes!
I love the Last Namsara books. I definitely think more people need to read those, too.
Comments are closed.