Isn’t every readers goal to finish more series?! Especially fantasy readers haha!
So I’m going to list some series I want to catch up on, finish, or fully read in 2021!
I’m going to start with series I want to continue with. So these are series that as of half January have more books out then that I’ve read!
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – Need to read Rhythm of War.
- The Shadow of What Was Lost by James Islington – Need to read book 2 and 3.
- Keepers of Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger – Need to read book 7 and 8, and book 9 releases later this year.
- Seven Realms by Cinda William Chima – I’ve only read book one so far.
- The Bone Season by Shannon Messenger – I’ve only read book 1, and book 4 is already releasing soon!
- The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski – I’ve resd the 2 short story collections and the first book.
- Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson – Read book one.
- Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan – I’ve only read the first 2 books, I’m not planning on reading all of the other books this year, but definitely want to get through some.
And now series I have not started yet, but are fully released already and I really want to read:
- Malice by John Gwynne
- Lightbringer by Brent Weeks
- The Tawny Man by Robin Hobb
- Shattered Sea by Joe Abercrombie
- The Riyria Revelations by Michael J Sullivan
- Empire of Sands by Tasha Suri
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist Daughter by Theodora Goss
There are many many more series I want to continue and start, but I think these are highest on my list! I skipped some series that I want to start but still have books releasing, since then the list would be even longer (like Ruin of Kings and The Bone Shard Daughter, see me getting some on here anyways :p)!
17 thoughts on “Series I want to read and finish in 2021!”
Oops I always forget about The Bone Season despite loving it so far because it’s on my Kindle. I seriously want to have a re-read and catch up with it this year. Along with half a dozen other series
Good luck getting caught up with these. I hope that you enjoy them all, and maybe even discover some new favourites.
How far are you into the series?
I’ve only read the first two books so far but 100% hope to be up to date with them, and stay that way, by the end of the year.
I do need to make a list of series I’d like to finish – but I don’t know if I can face the shame.
Haha, these are not even all the series in in the middle off, these are just priority haha!
Ooh, I’m excited to read your thoughts on The Lightbringer series! And I definitely want to finish the Farseer trilogy this year! The only reason I’ve been putting this off is because I can’t find copies that match my edition of the first book, but that’s such a dumb reason! I loved Assassin’s Apprentice, so I really need to continue!
I hope to start it next month!
I hope you continue with the farseer they are such good books! But I understand your reason haha! I do that with some series as well!
I just purchased Malice, excited to read it! Also saw someone post about reading a Wheel of Time book every other month, and I may do something similar. I want to reread the first two books though, as it’s been over 5 years since I’ve read them!
Malice sounds very good! I relaly hope to pick it up soon!
Ooh I read book two back in August and I already feel like I need to continue soon so I won’t forget everything haha!
Great goal for finishing off these, good luck! I also want to finish up the Tasha Suri series, thankfully it’s a duology so only one book to go. 🙂
Thanks! I still need to start that one, but it sounds so good!
I loved the James Islington books!
I loved book one, i have no idea why I haven´t continued yet.. I even own book two already!
I really want to start the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb, I’ve been seeing her books everywhere lately!
Ooh I hope you do! It is so good!
These are all series I want to star this year haha! Especially the behemoth that is The Way of Kings, I hope you enjoy these and find some new faves 🙂
I desperately want to read Rhythm of War! The series indeed has huge books, but they are so worth it!
Comments are closed.