Thanks to Susan @Novel lives for nominating me! Please check out her amazing blog! The 10th nomination!! How did that happen?!
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
- Do you get burned out on genres? What do you do when you get burned out on your favourite genre?
Not really? My favourite genre is fantasy, I do sometimes feel the need to read something ‘easier’, since fantasy can be really intense. So then I read a contemporary/romance and probably I will go right back into fantasy after haha.
2. What is your favourite post of the year that you didn’t write?
Oh I’ve read so many good ones!
I always love reviews from Joanna @The Geekish Brunette, a recent one would be for Aurora burning!
I love reading Destiny @Howling libraries State of the ARC posts!
This post from Ellyn @Allonsythornraxx about how she outlines her blog posts was very useful!
Marie @Drizzleandhurricanes always makes such nice lists posts, a recent one ’10 things I want to read more of in YA books’.
3. What are your goals for your site, so far?
Eeh just keep it up?!
4. If you could wave a hand and fix three things about the book community, what would they be?
Probably I’m ignorant, but I don’t go into problems in the book community..
5. We are coming up on the ½ way point of the year. What books coming up on your radar?
Oh so many! To name two; The Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi (September 22nd) and The Serpent’s Curse by Lisa Maxwell (December 8th)!
6. What are your tips for beating a reading slump?
I don’t often have reading slumps, guess I’m lucky haha! But one I’m feeling a bit slumpy, I sometimes just force myself through a book. Or I read a Middle Grade or a YA contemporary!
7. Do you need tips for beating a reading slump?
Well, I think my previous question answered that one already!
8. Is there a genre you just can’t read no matter what the book is like or the author that writes it – even if your favourite author wrote one book in that genre – you just, can’t?
This year I’ve been branching out to more genres, broadening my reading! So I won’t necessarily say no to any genre! Especially if it is a book written by a favourite author, then I will probably just be very curious!
9. Biggest surprise disappointment so far?
Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw! I absolutely loved The Wicked Deep, so I was so excited for this one but I really did not like it!
10. Biggest surprise book that LOVED so far?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia!
11. How do you keep the pressure of maintaining your site at bay?
I plan my posts pretty far ahead, so whenever I have time to write something I can just look t my plan and see whatever post I feel like writing! So I’m often pretty far ahead with writing posts (I’m writing this 2 weeks before I’m planning to post this!)
And for reading other bloggers posts, I read while eating my breakfast hahah! (Can’t read everything then, but I get through some) and I try to read after I come home from my internship, I really try and keep up to date, because other wise it becomes so overwhelming! By the time this is posted I’m done with my internship, so I don’t know how I’m doing it now haha!
Line @First Line Reader
Dani @Literary Lion
Amanda @Between the Shelves
Marina @Books of Magic
Veronika @Wordy and Whimsical
Sophie @Beware of the Reader
Amber @Escape life in the Pages
Seshat @Seshat in Modern Days
Geraldine @Corralling Books
Hamad @The Book Prescription
- We are coming up on the ½ way point of the year. What books coming up on your radar?
- Biggest disappointing read of this year so far?
- Biggest surprising read of this year so far?
- Who are your favourite bloggers?
- What is your favourite way of relaxing?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite drink?
- TV shows or movies?
- What makes you smile?
- What makes you proud (of yourself)?
- What is a country that you would love to visit?
7 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Awards #10”
Congratulations on getting nominated for this ten times!! I still need to read the previous books for the two sequels that you mentioned but they both sound like fantastic series. And I’m not sure if there’s any genre that I couldn’t read either, especially if it’s written by a favourite author.
I mean they are our favourite authors for a reason!
I enjoyed reading your answers! I’m same with you on goals for your site, haha, just keep it up! 🙂
Most important right haha
Great answers. I don’t think I get burned out on genres much but then maybe I do? I remember taking a long break from urban fantasy after I was reading too much similar stuff for a while lol. 🙂
Yeah maybe I do too for subgenres haha, I guess then you will notice it less!
Comments are closed.