Thanks to Susan @Novel lives for nominating me! Please check out her amazing blog! The 10th nomination!! How did that happen?!
- Thanks the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award in your post/or on your blog.
- Do you get burned out on genres? What do you do when you get burned out on your favourite genre?
Not really? My favourite genre is fantasy, I do sometimes feel the need to read something ‘easier’, since fantasy can be really intense. So then I read a contemporary/romance and probably I will go right back into fantasy after haha.
2. What is your favourite post of the year that you didn’t write?
Oh I’ve read so many good ones!
I always love reviews from Joanna @The Geekish Brunette, a recent one would be for Aurora burning!
I love reading Destiny @Howling libraries State of the ARC posts!
This post from Ellyn @Allonsythornraxx about how she outlines her blog posts was very useful!
3. What are your goals for your site, so far?
Eeh just keep it up?!
4. If you could wave a hand and fix three things about the book community, what would they be?
Probably I’m ignorant, but I don’t go into problems in the book community..
5. We are coming up on the ½ way point of the year. What books coming up on your radar?
Oh so many! To name two; The Silvered Serpents by Roshani Chokshi (September 22nd) and The Serpent’s Curse by Lisa Maxwell (December 8th)!
6. What are your tips for beating a reading slump?
I don’t often have reading slumps, guess I’m lucky haha! But one I’m feeling a bit slumpy, I sometimes just force myself through a book. Or I read a Middle Grade or a YA contemporary!
7. Do you need tips for beating a reading slump?
Well, I think my previous question answered that one already!
8. Is there a genre you just can’t read no matter what the book is like or the author that writes it – even if your favourite author wrote one book in that genre – you just, can’t?
This year I’ve been branching out to more genres, broadening my reading! So I won’t necessarily say no to any genre! Especially if it is a book written by a favourite author, then I will probably just be very curious!
9. Biggest surprise disappointment so far?
10. Biggest surprise book that LOVED so far?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir and Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia!
11. How do you keep the pressure of maintaining your site at bay?
I plan my posts pretty far ahead, so whenever I have time to write something I can just look t my plan and see whatever post I feel like writing! So I’m often pretty far ahead with writing posts (I’m writing this 2 weeks before I’m planning to post this!)
And for reading other bloggers posts, I read while eating my breakfast hahah! (Can’t read everything then, but I get through some) and I try to read after I come home from my internship, I really try and keep up to date, because other wise it becomes so overwhelming! By the time this is posted I’m done with my internship, so I don’t know how I’m doing it now haha!
Line @First Line Reader
Dani @Literary Lion
Amanda @Between the Shelves
Marina @Books of Magic
Veronika @Wordy and Whimsical
Sophie @Beware of the Reader
Amber @Escape life in the Pages
Seshat @Seshat in Modern Days
Geraldine @Corralling Books
Hamad @The Book Prescription
- We are coming up on the ½ way point of the year. What books coming up on your radar?
- Biggest disappointing read of this year so far?
- Biggest surprising read of this year so far?
- Who are your favourite bloggers?
- What is your favourite way of relaxing?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite drink?
- TV shows or movies?
- What makes you smile?
- What makes you proud (of yourself)?
- What is a country that you would love to visit?