I thought making this list would be a good idea.. Then I realized that at the point of writing this (December 10th) I’ve read 95 2020 releases! How am I ever going to choose the best ones haha! Luckily I keep track of my read books in excel and I could filter my reads on year of release and rating! Made my life a bit easier! I did not rate all of these books 5 stars, but I would still consider them some of the best haha!
Nevertheless, making a top 10 was hard! I´m going to count down to my favourite 2020 release, but honestly this could change on whatever day you ask me haha! (If I have a review up it will be linked!)
10. The Conference of Birds by Ransom Riggs – Normally I’m, not a big fa of authors extending a series, but I just love this one a lot!
9. All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban – I was so pleasantly surprised by this one, such a good debut!
8. Hollowpox by Jessica Townsend – This series! Everyone should read it!
7. Aurora Burning by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – I know this series gets a bit of mixed reviews, it is not the same as illuminae, but I still love it!
6. Night of the dragon by Julie Kagawa – Kagawa has become one of my favourite authors! I love this series!
5. Mexican Gothic By Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I think Silvia Morena-Garcia has also become a favourite of mine, although I’ve only read two books by her!
4. Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power – Power’s books are so weird, but in the best way! I love her writing and because of the weirdness you can totally escape the world!
Now onto the top 3! These were so hard, and I honestly think I could switch them around endlessly ad not figure out the order!
3. The Invisible life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab – this was so different from her other works, but I was totally taken into the story and I could not stop reading!
2. Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco – Again a new favourite author! I loved her previous series, but now that I’ve read more from her it was confirmed! I just could not put this book down and I cannot wait for the sequel!
1. The Burning God by RF Kuang – How does she do this?! What a freaking amazing series! This book (and series) broke my heart so often, in a good way haha! If I’m correct this book will be adapted, I’m not really sure what I think about that, but I’m very happy for the author!
Damn.. This was hard!