I thought making this list would be a good idea.. Then I realized that at the point of writing this (December 10th) I’ve read 95 2020 releases! How am I ever going to choose the best ones haha! Luckily I keep track of my read books in excel and I could filter my reads on year of release and rating! Made my life a bit easier! I did not rate all of these books 5 stars, but I would still consider them some of the best haha!
Nevertheless, making a top 10 was hard! I´m going to count down to my favourite 2020 release, but honestly this could change on whatever day you ask me haha! (If I have a review up it will be linked!)
10. The Conference of Birds by Ransom Riggs – Normally I’m, not a big fa of authors extending a series, but I just love this one a lot!
9. All Your Twisted Secrets by Diana Urban – I was so pleasantly surprised by this one, such a good debut!
8. Hollowpox by Jessica Townsend – This series! Everyone should read it!
7. Aurora Burning by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – I know this series gets a bit of mixed reviews, it is not the same as illuminae, but I still love it!
6. Night of the dragon by Julie Kagawa – Kagawa has become one of my favourite authors! I love this series!
5. Mexican Gothic By Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I think Silvia Morena-Garcia has also become a favourite of mine, although I’ve only read two books by her!
4. Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power – Power’s books are so weird, but in the best way! I love her writing and because of the weirdness you can totally escape the world!
Now onto the top 3! These were so hard, and I honestly think I could switch them around endlessly ad not figure out the order!
3. The Invisible life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab – this was so different from her other works, but I was totally taken into the story and I could not stop reading!
2. Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco – Again a new favourite author! I loved her previous series, but now that I’ve read more from her it was confirmed! I just could not put this book down and I cannot wait for the sequel!
1. The Burning God by RF Kuang – How does she do this?! What a freaking amazing series! This book (and series) broke my heart so often, in a good way haha! If I’m correct this book will be adapted, I’m not really sure what I think about that, but I’m very happy for the author!
Damn.. This was hard!
28 thoughts on “The Best 2020 Releases!”
Aurora Burning was really good! My favorite 2020 release was The Kinder Poison by Natalie Mae.
I haven’t heard much abot that one, but it looks good!
Wow! I haven’t read any of these! But they sound really great! It looks like you had a really great year of reading! I really enjoyed Braiding Sweetgrass, Flamer, and These Violent Delights!
I will look up Braiding Sweetgrass and Flamer!
Well done with reading so many – very impressive and I love some of these.
I agree on so many of these! Great list.
I can’t remember exactly how many 2020 releases I’ve read this year but the one book I keep coming back to is Date Me, Bryson Keller by Kevin van Whye
Ooh I will look that one up!
I’m super excited to pick up the burning god! Mexican gothic is definitely on my radar too!
the Burning God was so good!
I hope you will enjoy both!
So many good titles on this list! Mexican Gothic is on my radar! 🙂
I hope you will like it!
Aaaah I really need to start reading The Poppy War series. It just sounds like the kind of series that would take my breath away.
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue is one book I was super hyped for, but somehow forgot everything about it when the release date came around haha.
The Poppy War is amazing! Hard to read though!
I hope you will love both the Poppy War and Addie LaRue!
Great list! You read so many fantastic books this year! I always find it so hard to narrow down my faves, but the first couple that popped in my head were Fable and Poison & Honey.
Making the favourites list at the end of the year is the hardest part of reading haha!
I’m hoping to read Fable at the beginning of next year, si good to hear!
95, woah! That’s amazing!
I’m looking forward to The Burning God but I keep putting it off because I’m afraid it will destroy me LOL. Great list!
Yeah I was quite surprised by that number as well!
Well it did destroy me! But in a good way hahah!
Great list! My favorite was probably This Is My America. Kingdom of the Wicked made my top ten, too.
Ooh I don´t know this is my america, will look it up!
Glad you love Kingodm of the wicked as well!
Great list! My wallet is definitely going to be emptier soon, because so far, the only one of these that I’ve read is Addie LaRue (which I loved 🙂 ) – though I did already plan to read The Burning God, Aurora Burning, and Mexican Gothic eventually, so I can’t even blame you for tempting me, haha.
Also Evelyn, just to let you know – I never get notified when you reply to my comments, so half the time, I never end up seeing your answers unless I explicitly come back to check… Of course, it might also be something on my end, but I thought I’d let you know in case it was some weird option in your settings that you weren’t aware of – it’d be such a shame if people kept missing your answers because of it!
I totally feel you on the wallet problem!
Oh no.. That’s stupid! Thanks for letting me know, I will look into it!
Nice list Evelyn !!!! I’ve only read TBG and Night of the dragon from your list but I agree they were amazing
Comments are closed.