Thanks to Jenna @Bookmark your thoughts for tagging me! This tag was created by Okoto @Okoto Enigmas Blog.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
- Have you ever felt so identified with a character that you end up picturing it as yourself?
No haha, I’ve never felt that identified by someone! There are only some characters were I’m like, ‘oh me too!’, but not very many (and I can’t think of any right now..)
2. What thoughts do you have about ARCs?
Well I read arcs from NetGalley and Edelweiss, so I make use of them! And I get why they exist and are important for the authors, but I don’t like that some people have way more access to them then others. Again I get why, because those people most probably have a bigger reach. But when I see youtubers getting ARCs and not reading them, I feel like that’s so stupid, there are so many people out there who would have read those ARCs right away, and would have shared their love for it. So a bit double feelings about it!
3. Do you think that a person who gives 5 stars to everything they read is questionable? What’s your thought about giving low ratings?
Well maybe that person is just very lucky? HahaI mean if you just pick up books you know you will love, or DNF all the books you’re not really liking, it could happen right? But I don’t think there are many people who only give 5 stars!
I hate giving low ratings, but sometimes I just really don’t enjoy a book, and then that book ‘deserves’ a low rating?! I mean we can not all love every book right?!
4. Name 3 book bloggers that inspire you!
I love all of them, go check them out!
5. Can an author’s reputation affect your thinking about his/her books?
I get why people’s opinion can change about a book when authors say rude/inappropriate things. But I think I’m not twitter enough to be aware of these kind of ‘dramas’. So I’ve never experienced a situation where my opinion about a book changed or I didn’t want to read a book anymore because of something an author said!
As Jenna said in her post, I think I would probably not buy an authors book, so not supporting them, but not really change my thoughts about the book. Since the author can be a horrible person, but still write good books?!
- Do you use the library?
- Favourite food/drink while reading?
- Do you lend out your books?
- Do you physically own all your favourite books? (as in a book you got from the library and loved, do you buy it?)
- Favourite reading spot?
Caitlin @Realms of my mind
7 thoughts on “The mystery blogger awards!”
Evelyn!! Oh wow, thank you so much!! You make me blush… I love your blog right back. You always have time to leave the nicest comments on my posts, and you have great recommendations!! Sending you so much love over the holiday season. And happy reading!!
Ah thank you! I hope you have a great holiday!
Great answers, Evelyn! I kind of feel the same way about ARCs myself.
Great answers! I also agree about the arcs or even some people getting doubles of the same one.
Thanks for the mention Evelyn <3 You're too kind!! I have to agree with you about ARCs and some book reviewers receiving them when they don't bother to read them. It gives me the same bitter sweet feeling about them. Great post 😀 Jen
Comments are closed.