I always love making lists! So I’m participating in Top 5 Saturday which is organised by Mandy @Devouring Books.
This week’s topic is ‘Books you’d give a second chance’, so let’s go right into the list!
- The unspoken name by AK Larkwood – I have DNF’ed this book earlier this year. I listened to this one on audio, and I think that was the mistake. It was way too confusing to listen to, so I would like to try it again but read it physically!
- Leviathan wakes by SA James Corey – I read this last summer, and I don’t think I fully understood the story haha, I would like to reread it and see if now I will understand it better!
- Gideon the ninth by Tamsyn Muir – I wasn’t a fan of this one reading it the first time, but so many people seem to love it, that I might want to reread it and see if for some reason I missed something!
- The bone season by Samantha Shannon – Maybe this is more giving myself a second chance with the book?! I know I liked it, but I rushed through it since I had to read it before a certain day, but it was during a very hectic time. So this book deserves to be read again, so that I can read the rest of the series!
- The way of kings by Brandon Sanderson – This is a bit of a weird one maybe, since I did read the first two books of the series, and I loved them. But I think I could get so much more from them if I read these again, since they are so complex and I feel like I missed out on some interesting information/details!
When I started this list I thought I would just mention some books I DNF’ed, but would maybe try again. But then I realized, that most of the books I didn’t finish, I don’t really feel the need to read anymore ahha! So it became a bit of a different list!
17 thoughts on “Top 5 Saturday – Books to give a second chance!”
I’ve seen so many mixed reviews for Gideon the Ninth, I’ve always been tempted by it. I’ve just not ever felt a strong enough desire to buy a copy though…
i think people either love it or hate it!
I totally get what you mean about wanting to reread some books so that you can pick up on more details of them. And I’ve had experiences in the past where I’ve struggled to read a book then tried again and fallen in love with the series. So I think that was probably due to my mood at the time? I’m hoping that’ll be the case when I try to read Enchantee again anyway as I had such high hopes for it but couldn’t get into it so stopped to attempt again in the future.
I hope you enjoy these more the second time around. Or for the ones you loved end up falling for them even more.
I had that with Assassin’s apprentice! The first time I read it I thought it was just okay, the second time I absolutely loved it!
I hope you will like Enchantee more the second time!
For me it was Sally Lockhart, especially when I got onto the later books.
Thank you ☺️
I loved The Bone Season but the series is taking a million years to finish, so I wouldn’t rush in reading it anytime soon LOL The fourth one is due next year I think and there are going to be seven books lol
Yeah I’m not in a hurry to reread haha! But I’m still really curious to the series, so I kinda want to read it now haha!
The Way of Kings is forever on my tbr list. The sheer size of it is so intimidating I feel like it’ll take a year for me to get through the first book haha.
It took me a while to read it the first time haha! And I still feel like I missed out on so much!
A lot of my friends really loved The Unspoken Name but I can’t work up the enthusiasm to read it haha. Hope if you decide to re-try any of these you enjoy them the 2nd time around!
The unspoken name gets so many mixed reviews haha!
I DNF the Bone Season the first time round, but I’m so glad I gave it a second chance! I think you have to push through the first bit and then it kind of all clicks into place
I actually read the whole book, but didn’t pay much attention haha! Glad you enjoyed it the second time!
Ooh, I put The Unspoken Name down earlier this year too – and I would also give it a second chance! I think I had too many breaks between reading sessions, so I didn’t get a chance to really become absorbed in the story.
Of course, I loved Gideon the Ninth, and I would love to reread that myself :’)
Some books I’d give a second chance to are The Price Guide to the Occult, Deathless and Dig.
I’ve heard that many people struggled with The unspoken name!
Not to be discouraging, but I did read The Unspoken Name and still didn’t like it I really want to read The Bone Season though!
Hahaa, maybe it is just the book 🙁
I hope you will like the bone season!
Comments are closed.