About the meme:
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, but is now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl! The read more about this meme, look at this page!
This week’s meme is 2021 resolutions! I have already posted my 2021 reading goals (link here!), so this post is more focussed on blog and life related goals!:
- This might sound weird, but my most important goal is going to be blog less! And with that I mainly mean post less! At the moment I post every day, sometimes even more then once. And honestly it is exhausting and it stresses me out. And the main reason why I do this is that every day wordpress gives me this notification saying ‘You’re on a .. day streak on Evelyn Reads’, and it is not a good enough reason. I end up posting posts I’m not happy with, write reviews for books I don’t have much to say about, just so I have another thing to post.
- Continuing on on the previous goal, change my posting schedule! My idea right now is to post a Top Ten Tuesday OR Top Five Tuesday post (NOT both like I’m now often doing, just choose which one I like most), post a discussion post on Friday (Let’s Talk Bookish, if I can say something about the topic, otherwise a tag or come up with my own topic) and a Weekly Wrap Up on Sundays. And one review a week, not sure yet on what day. And if I want to post more I can, but I won’t stress about it!
- Again kinda continuing on on the first goal, only review books I want to. Since I wanted to post everyday I ended up writing reviews for books I did not have much to say about, and then I ended up posting reviews I’m not too happy with. So I want to write reviews for books I feel ‘passionate’ about, because I feel like you can see that in readers reviews! Or maybe I can try and combine reviews more often, like ‘3 mystery reviews’.
Moving on from this goal haha;
4. Try to stress less about reading! Sometimes I feel like I ‘have to’ read a certain page number each day, or a certain amount of books each month. Because otherwise I don’t have enough books to talk about?! Which is total bullshit.. So I just want to pick up my book when I feel like it, and if I don’t feel like it I shouldn’t force myself to. Because that often ends up in me enjoying a book less. It is okay to play on my switch a whole evening as well! (Or maybe I should play sims again..!!)
5. Don’t read books because of the hype! I so often pick up books because they are hyped, without knowing what the book is actually about. And I guess half of the time I end up not really liking the book.. So I should *try* and only pick up books I really think I would like based on synopsis! (Although there really are some booktubers out there that I blindly trust haha)
Some non-bookish goals:
6. Run 5km in 30 min! I actually think it is really funny this is a goal of mine! For years I thought running was so stupid, now I love it, and it is one of my favourite moments to clear my mind! Right now I think I run 5km in around 35 minutes.
7. Try and eat more healthy. I don’t necessarily eat very unhealthy, but I often go to the store buy a bag of candy and finish it all in half an hour.. And throughout 2020 I’ve been trying to not do this, but I think my problem was I did a all or nothing tactic, which did not work. So now I think I will try and go for 2 ‘cheat’ days a week. I think this will work better for me, because then I can look forward to it, or think ‘do I want to spend my cheat day already?’. Idk if this will work, we will have to wait and see haha.
8. Boring goal, Safe more money, I don’t want to put a number on this, since we never know what will happen in life. But generally think more about things I want to buy before I buy them.
Okay I did not think this post would be this long haha! These are not 10 goals, but I honestly did not think I would reach 3 goals haha. But as soon as I started typing, the goals just kept coming!
32 thoughts on “Top Ten Tueday – 2021 Resolutions!”
Admirable goals – good luck with them all.
Your goals sound wonderful! Best of luck with them!
I quit reading ARC’s because I didn’t want to have to read and review books that I might not love. It has been so much less stressful reading only for fun! Good luck on your goals 🙂 I hope you can stop by:
I’ve also reduced my ARC requesting a lot, since it stresses me that you ‘have to’ read it on time and review it. And indeed sometimes you have nothing to say about it!
Good luck to you to!
I have very similar goals. I’m trying to blog more consistently. I, too, get stressed about keeping up with posts, so I’m trying to also be more decisive about what I want to post. I want to stress less about my reading, too, and to focus on the books that really interest me. I’ve also given up on reviewing every book I read and sticking mostly to the ARCs I read or books that I feel like saying more about. I hope you achieve your goals this year! Let’s cheer each other on!
Less stress is the perfect goal!
Sounds we have quite similar plans haha!
Yes let´s do that! Good luck!
As someone else who posts daily–I totally get how much it is to keep up with that! Good luck with your new schedule, Evelyn!
Good luck on posting so much!
I also hope to read what I want this year! I’m trying to stay away from hype and just mood read the whole year so we’ll see how that goes?? Good luck with your goals!
That´s definitely an important one! Good luck to you too!
These are some great goals! I really agree about only reviewing books you want too. Sometimes I read a book and just don’t want to review it, or feel like I have nothing good to say and the stress ends up getting to me. Good luck with all of these.
No more stress on 2021 is the goal haha!
I used to blog almost every day and also found it to be stressful and less fun. I think both I and my blog are all the better for it. This year I’m trying to focus on reading books on my physical TBR instead of acquiring books faster than I can read them. I know it’s only January, but so far, so good lol.
Yeah I think it will be the same for me, idk why I did not make this conclusion earlier!
Haha I did really well with that kast year, but for me so far January has not been grest for buying books haha! But I hope I now have enough new ones to satisfy myself for a while!
Ooh I like the goal of only reviewing books you want to review. It can be so hard to write something satisfying about a book you didn’t have any strong feelings about – or even ones you do have strong feelings about! I love the idea of combining a few shorter reviews together as well.
Good luck with all your goals!
Exactly! I think the combining reviews is going to be my thing haha!
All of these are great goals. While one of my goals is to review more books, I am also with you on the reviewing books that you want to review! It feels to forced, for me, to review a book that I just don’t feel like reviewing. And that is totally okay! Nothing wrong with it at all. Best of luck with your goals!
Exactly! And I also feel like you can see it in my reviews when I didn’t feel like writing them haha!
Best of luck with your goals! Blogging is definitely something we should do for fun, not something that stresses us out.
These are all such good goals! I can see daily posting being exhausting and stressful.
It really is haha!
These are all great goals! I know the pressure to have a blogging streak and keep up your stats is real, but I keep coming back to the idea that blogging is for fun — at least that’s true for most book bloggers, since I don’t know anyone who actually makes many from blogging! Like any other hobby, when it becomes stressful, it’s time to reevaluate. Your running goal sounds great too. I only set bookish goals this year, but I do need to get out and exercise more!
Yeah I really made that realization als well last christmas break!
I think this is the first year I set goals outside of bookish ones haha!
Good for you for setting limits! Blogging every day must be exhausting after a while. I can barely do 4 days a week. 🙂
Yeah I’ve done it for almsot 2 years now, and idk how ahah! From next week I will post less, and I’m honestly quite excited about it!
These are great goals! I need to also be more picky with my reviews and what I choose to review. Sometimes I just don’t feel like writing one and that is okay.
Exactly! And I feel like you can see that in (my) reviews!
I want to utilizes more e-books and audiobooks this year, especially since I’m running out of space!
I hope you manage to do that 🙂
Comments are closed.