About the meme:
This week’s meme is the last 10 books I abandoned. I don’t DNF books that often, but here are some I DNF’ed this year:
- The Night Country by Melissa Albert – I’m so sad that I did not like this, since I really did enjoy book one!
- On the edge of the dark sea of darkness by Andrew Peterson – In always feel bad for DNF’ing ARCs, but this book just felt so messy and I did not enjoy my time reading this.
- On earth we’re briefly gorgeous by Ocean Vuong – I think I should accept the fact that literary fiction is not really for me!
- Black leopard, red wolf by Marlon James – had heard so many amazing things about this one, but I couldn’t connect with the writing style.
- The unspoken name by AK Larkwood – I tried listening to this one on audio, which was a mistake, this book is too complicated to listen to! I might try this one again physically at some point!
I feel like 5 DNF’s so far this year is not too bad! Although there are definitely book I should have DNF’ed!