About the meme:
This week’s meme is Books I got because of *blank*, I decided to fill the blank with ‘book blogs and booktube’. I thought I would first list 5 books of which I ‘regret’ getting them because of the hype online, and then 5 of which I’m very happy I got them haah!
Let’s start with the ones where I should have decide for myself:
- The ten thousand doors of January by Alix E Harrow – This was getting so much hype and everyone made it sound like it was amazing, but I just did not connect with the writing.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I actually DNF’ed this one.. I know this is many peoples favourite book, but I just didn’t connect with the main character and that made it very hard to enjoy the story.
- Gideon the ninth by Tamsyn Muir – Again so much hype, but I feel like I just did not understand the story or something..
- Leviathan wakes by James SA Corey – I think my sci-fi brain is not developed enough yet to understand this one.. I do want to try it again once I’ve read more sci-fi!
- This is how you lose the time war by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone – People made it sound as if this was the most beautiful book they’ve ever read (for them maybe!) But I just didn’t get it (again haha).
And now time for some that I’m happy I read because of book blogs!
- Wilder girls by Rory Power – I mainly pick this on up because of Lala @booksandlala on booktube (love here!) and I’m so happy I did! It is not for everyone, I know, but it was one of my favourite reads of last year!
- Sadie by Courtney Summers – This book, especially the audiobook, got so much hype everywhere, that I had to check it out. This was before I know I really enjoy YA mysteries, and this was one of the first ones I loved!
- Middlegame by Seanan McGuire – Another one I read because of Lala @booksandlala, and another favourite of last year!
- Lock every door by Riley Sager – I’m slowly getting more into mysteries, and everyone seems to love this one, so I had to check it out, and it was so good!
- An ember in the ashes by Sabaa Tahir – I probably would have read this at some point, but because of blogs and booktube I kept seeing this one, and finally picked it up, so far one of my favourites of this year!