About the meme:
This week’s meme is favourite books of 2020, but I’m doing a separate post for that (coming in 2 days), so I decided to change the topic to books that just did not make it to my favourites! I mainly did this so I could talk about even more books haha., and aso because I know my favourite list is going to be solely fantasy, and I wanted to list some other genres as well (yes I know this list is still mainly fantasy..)! I tried to put this in some kind of order, number 10 came the closest to making my favourite list!
- Crier’s War by Nina Varela (4.5 stars) – I was so surprised with how much I enjoyed this book!
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo (4.5 stars) – She did it again, wrote another amazing book, that I could not stop listening too!
- The Good Girls by Claire Eliza Bartlett (4.5 stars) – YA mystery keeps surprising me! By how much I like it haha!
4. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson (4.5 stars) – I’m so happy I finally read this! Not my favourite Sanderson, but I obviously still really loved this!
5. The Girl in Red by Christina Henry (4.5 stars) – This book made me realize I actually quite enjoy reading horror!
6. Wicked Saints by Emily A Duncan (5 stars) – This book was so good, I just could not put it down! Unfortunately I did not enjoy the sequel as much (still good), so I that stayed in the back of my mind while making this list!
7. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (5 stars) – I’ve made it no secret that I really loved reading this book this year! I caught me by surprise how much I enjoyed this, so it could not miss from this list!
8. Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto (5 stars) – This series is amazing, I cannot recommend it enough, it is just not as good as some other books I read this year!
9. The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware (5 stars) – This year I also realized I really enjoy mystery/thriller, and this book was part of that! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time while reading this, could not put it down, I just needed to know what was happening!
10. The Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (book 1: 4.5 stars; book 2&3: 5 stars) – I was doubting between this one and another book to put on my favourite list! Obviously I choose the other, but this series is so good, I absolutely fell in love with Robin Hobb this year!
Damn making these lists is so hard!