About the meme:
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, but is now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl! The read more about this meme, look at this page!
This week’s meme is Halloween Freebie! So I decided to list 10 ‘spooky’ books I want to read:
- When No One Is Watching by Alyssa Cole – A very recent release, but I’ve heard great things!
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – Not sure how ‘spooky’ this actually is but I want to read it!
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas – Sounds like a good combi between Paranormal and Contemporary!
- Horrid by Katrina Leno – This sounds good, and that cover!
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin – This has been on my TBR since it released, really need to read it!
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones – I recently saw someone on Booktube love this, and now I want to read it!
- The Southern’s Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix – I’ve only heard amazing things and the title is great!
- Final Girls by Riley Sager – I read his Lock Every Door and loved it!
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager – Same story!
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James – Once again, I’ve heard amazing things!
24 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday – ‘Spookier’ books to read!”
Great list! I definitely want to read a couple of these, especially Cemetery Boys!
It sounds so good, and is getting amazing reviews!
I wanted to read The Southern Book Club one but I think it may be too creepy for me, haha.
That is my problem with most of these haha!
I’ve read The Only Good Indians and it was indeed very spooky. I recommend it, for sure! I’ve read Riley Sager, too, but The Last Time I Lied, and it was really good. Definitely have Final Girls on my TBR. I think we’ve talked about The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires before – it’s awesome and I definitely recommend it! This looks like an awesome reading line-up!
Really excited to pick those up now!
I hope you will enjoy the other Riley Sagers!
This is such an awesome list! I remember really enjoying The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.
Molly @ SilverButtonBooks
So many people seem to have liked it! I really want to pick it up now haha!
I can’t read too many spooky stories, I’m weak haha but I did read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and loved it. It was a few years ago and I don’t think it was scary but it’s definitely classic Holly Black! Enjoy these spooky reads!
I’m not great at reading spooky books either haha!
Oh that is good to hear!
Ooh, great list! I loved The Southern Book Club, and really look forward to reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and The Only Good Indians.
Oh I hope we will both love those!
I have The Coldest Girl in Coldtown on my October TBR for years but never get to it… I’ve only read Cemetery Boys and Southern’s Book Club Guide to Slaying Vampires- I enjoyed them both!
Good to hear I’m not the only one that I has not read The coldest girl yet!
Glad yuo enjoyed those!
I’m currently reading These Violent Delights, which is more creepy and gory than I thought it would be! I also want to read The Deck of Omens, which I’m anticipating having some spookiness.
Oh i hope you´re enjoying it!
The deck of omens definitely has some spooky vibes!
I recently read Home Before Dark and really loved it.
That´s good to hear!
I just bought The Southern’s Book Club Guide this week – I’ve also heard amazing recs for it.
Ooh I hope you will love it!
Great list, I would love to read Horrid, Cemetery Boys, The Southern Book Club, and Home Before Dark. 🙂
I hope we will both love them!
I planned to have read Cemetery Boys and Horrid this month and still haven’t, argh. I’m in a bit of a reading slump.
I want to read them soon as well, but I don´t think it will happen haha!
Comments are closed.