About the meme:
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, but is now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl! The read more about this meme, look at this page!
This week’s meme is standalones that need a sequel. I’m not sure how I will do with this one, since I do not read a lot of standalones, and I don’t have my shelves in front of me to check haha. But here is what I came up with:
- Two can keep a secret – Karen McManus. I know the story was done at the end, but I really liked the characters.
- To best the boys – Mary Weber. I’m actually not sure if this is a series, but otherwise I think it really deserves a sequel.
- Four Three Two One – Courtney C Stevens. This story was also kinda over at the end of the book, but I really enjoyed the characters.
- Dresscodes in small towns – Courtney C Stevens. Same, I just love these characters.
- Dry – Neal & Jarrod Shusterman. I’m really curious to this world after the events that happened in this world.
- To kill a kingdom – Alexandra Cristo. Again just curious.
- The priory of the orange tree – Samantha Shannon. Maybe this is weird, since I actually have not read this yet. But I’m pretty sure I would want more at the end.
Come talk to me!
What standalone do you think deserves a sequel?
5 thoughts on “Top ten tuesday – Standalones that need a sequel!”
To Best the Boys definitely needs a sequel. I want more of Rhen, our female scientist, as she goes to university and discovers a cure for the disease infecting the people in her town. (The ending was just too rushed for me to believe everything is all good on that front.) I want to see how the all-male university treats her, how she continues her passions for the sciences. I just need more!!!
These are all great! I’d love a sequel to Two Can Keep A Secret or To Kill A Kingdom, too! 🙂
Great list! I’d love to see sequels for To Kill a Kingdom and Dresscodes for Small Towns too, that one had the best friend group ❤️
Yess! I love them
Comments are closed.