About the meme:
This week’s meme is Upcoming releases I’m on the fence about, so new releases I’m not sure I will read. At first there were only two books that come in my mind, so I had to scroll through the new releases page of GoodReads a bit. Here’s my list:
- Four dead queens – Astrid Scholte. I know I just did a Can’t-wait-Wednesday for this book, but I’m actually not sure how excited I am haha. It does interest me but I think I will wait on some reviews.
- The Gilded Wolves – Roshani Chokshi. I read a star-touched queen by her, and I kinda liked the story, but I did not really like her writing style.. So at first I wasn’t planning on reading this, but then I heard it being compared to Six of Crows. And now I don’t know what to do haha. (Actually just realised it has already been released haha)
- Middlegame – Seanan McGuire. I really love her wayward children series, and this one does sound kinda interesting. But I’m 100% convinced yet if I will like it yet. Also this one is so long compared to the wayward series.
- King of fools – Amanda Foody. I enjoyed book one, but I already forgot most about it. So I’m not sure if I could read this without rereading book one, or if I need to reread. And I don’t know if I want to haha.
- Somewhere only we know – Maurene Goo. I enjoyed ‘I believe in a thing called love’, but I think I really need to be in the right mindset to enjoy books like this.
- The never tilting world – Rin Chupeco. I really didn’t like her other series, forgot the name for a sec, but I’m kinda interested in other work since the idea was good!
- Sorcery of thorns – Margaret Rogerson. Enchantment of ravens was okay, but I think I want to see some reviews before I decide to read this one.
Okay so I guess this is all haha. Maybe I will change my mind later, but at this moment these are books I would not preorder. Unless someone can convince me haha. Also ig they would get amazing reviews, I would probably try them out.
Come talk to me!
Which upcoming new releases are you not sure about?