I thought it was time to do another booktag, since it has been a while 🙂
I saw this one on fictionchaser’s blog and that it would be fun!
- A popular book or series that you didn’t like.
I know this is a really new book, but I only see really positive reviews and I really didn’t like it haha. I’m talking about A curse so dark and lonely. You can see why I didn’t like it here!
- A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love?
I cannot think of any. But when I look through my GoodReads I saw ‘take back the skies’, which I rated higher then average. Also many reviews looked negative. So I guess I will go with this one.
- A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with or an OTP you don’t like?
Again can not think of any hahah. Doing booktags is quite hard when you do not have your books in front of you. But I did prefer Jacob over Edward in Twilight 🙂
- A popular book genre that you hardly reach for?
Mystery, thriller, horror. Not my thing. Although there are some mysteries that I can enjoy. Like one of us is lying and two can keep a secret.
- A popular or beloved character, that you don’t like?
Oh my these questions are hard haha. I wasn’t a big fan of Lazlo Strange, but I didn’t mind him either. Also wasn’t a huge fan of Aelin.. ?
- A popular author that you can’t seem to get into?
I’m still trying to love Kiersten White. I’ve read And I darken, which was mehh to me. I also listened to the dark descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein which was also mediocre. But I’ve just bought Now I rise, and I’m hoping I will like this one better.
- A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing?
I’m done seeing people die and come back to life again. Just be a bit harsh sometimes! I hate seeing people I like in books dying, but it can be annoying to keep seeing them coming back, and then at some point you expect people to come back.
- A common series that you’ve no interest in reading?
Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi. To be honest I have read the first book, but I can honestly remember nothing.. And I have no interest at all in reading it again and continuing the story!
- The saying goes ‘the book is always better than the movie’ but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Nothing comes to mind.. But I think I liked ‘To all the boys I’ve loved before’ book and movie equally. The same for ‘Simon vs the homosapiens agenda’.
Come talk to me!
What is an unpopular opinion you have?