Hi you might have noticed, I decided to post again! I think I needed a little break, but after a while it made me realize I missed posting! So I’m back, but I’m going to put less pressure on myself! If I don’t feel like writing anything or don’t have the time I won’t! If I’m not up to commenting on other people’s posts, I might skip a couple of days of reading them! We will see how this goes!
For now I thought I would talk about some of the things I did during my break!
First of all I got my first vaccine! Feels like things are going the right way now! Netherlands also has been opening up more. Halfway through May the gyms opened again, which I´m very happy about and made use of! Meaning I started reading less, sine actually going to the gym takes more time then working out from home haha!
Let’s start with some of the books I read, not going to list them all since there were quite many haha!
Some new faves:
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- The Golden Fool by Robin Hobb
- Bloody Rose by Nicholas Eames
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo
- The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
I also DNF’ed some books..
- The Serpent’s Curse by Lisa Maxwell – I loved the first two books, but didn’t remember much of it, and didn’t feel myself caring at all..
- We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal – I might reread book one, and then try this one again physically, the audiobook just wasn’t working for me..
- The Mask of Mirrors by MA Carrick – I really thought I would love this book, but I made it 250/650 and was just bored, found myself doing quite some other things instead of reading..
Also reread some books:
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon – I reread this with the idea I would then finally continue with the series, but I actually do not think I will.. This was just okay to me, and there are other series out there I will enjoy more!
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – finished this one right before the release of the show!
- Windwitch by Susan Dennard – rereading this for Witchlandsalong, still really good!
- The Iron King and The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa – I’ve been wanting to reread this since the start of the year, finally decided to just do it! Still so good!
One of my goals for this break was to watch more TV, since I really enjoy doing that, but don’t seem to make the time for it.. So some highlights of what I watched:
- Shadow & Bone – Absolutely loved it! Will probably rewatch soon haha!
- Fullmetal alchemist – Not all of course, but finally started it, since I really wanted to!
- Children of the Whales – Finally finished watching the second half of this!
- The Lion King (live action)
- WandaVision – Like the beginning more than the end!
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier – Didn’t like this as much as I thought I would!