Always hard, but unfortunately some books have to be the worst?!
I’m going to split this list in worst books and disappointing books. Worst books will be my lowest rated books, but disappointing books can be higher rating but they were still a let-down..
So first my worst books of 2019, I have a review up for all of these books, so they are linked in case you want to see all my thoughts:
- A curse so dark and lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (2 stars) – Kinda an unpopular opinion, but I just didn’t care for this one, I felt like barely anything happened.
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud (1 star) – I loved the first 30 pages, and then the rest was so boring..
- Hazel & Holly by Sara C Snider (1 star) – This book just felt very random to me, and didn’t see the point of the plot?!
- Robison Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (1 star) – If I have to chose the worst of all, this one might one, oh boy did I hate it..
- Lord of the flies by Willian Golding (2 stars) – Another one that I just thought was horrible, what’s wrong with these characters?
- Broken prince by Erin Watt (2 stars) – I quite enjoyed book one, but the characters really made me angry in this one..
- Bloody Seoul by Sonia Patel ( 2 stars) – It felt like we were supposed to feel bad for the bully because of his bad home situation, and I hated that..
- There will come a darkness by Katy Rose Pool (2 stars) – I was very excited for this one, I read it 2 months ago, and right now I couldn’t tell you at all what it was about..
Now for my most disappointing books, all of these books I really expected to love, but I really didn’t! Again, I have a review up for most of these, so they are linked:
- Gideon the ninth by Tamsyn Muir (2 stars) – I really forced myself through this one.. I was just so confused, didn’t understand most of it..
- These divided shores by Sara Raash (2.5 stars) – I absolutely loved the first book, so I was so excited for this one, but it just didn’t work for me!
- The babysitters coven by Kate Williams (2 stars) – The synopsis for this one sounded so good, a bit like undead girl gang, it was not.
- Spinning silver by Naomi Novik (2.5 stars) – I really wanted to love this one, just like everyone else! But I think her writing is just not for me!
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner (2 stars) – Again everyone seems to love this, and I enjoyed her co-authored work, but this was just boring.
- The slow regard of silent things by Patrick Rothfuss (2 stars) – I loved the The name of the wind, so I really thought I would love this one as well, even though Patrick warned that it is not for everyone, and it was definitely not for me!