I have no idea how to make this post haha. First I was think about putting in photos of all the books I read. But I don’t feel like doing that, and I don’t think people want to scroll through all of them.
I’m writing this posts with still 4 days left in the year, and I’m currently on a reading sprint (or however you call it, I’m just reading a lot), so all the stats will maybe be a little bit off.
At this moment (29 December), I’ve read 241 books! I know HOW?? I’m just as surprised as you! Also I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to reach this same number next year. Main reason is that for 5 months I travelled with the train 2 hours every work day, that increased my reading with a lot!
For this post I will just show some statistics, I know, I just love them! And I will look back at the goals that I make at the beginning of the year!
My best and disappointing books will be posted later this week!
So first my statistics! (I’m aware those numbers do not add up to the amount of books I’ve read, but I don’t want to count again..)
I’m not too surprised by these stats to be honest. I knew I mainly read from female authors, should try to read more male though!
I did think I read more longer books.. But I did read quite a lot of graphic novels, so maybe logical that 17% is less than 200 pages.
Also I should read more older books ahha 2/3 of the graph is 2016-2018!
At the beginning of the year I made a TBR with books I wanted to read this year, so let’s take a look at them:
- The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss – It took me until the end of the year, but I did it, I finally read it and absolutely loved it!
- The hate u give by Angie Thomas – I’m so happy I read this book! Such an important read, and unfortunately the movie is still not released here..
- The astrophysics of someone in a hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson – Also listened to this one! Was interesting.
- Lady midnight by Cassandra Clare – Nope didn’t read this one.. But I’m planning to listen to the audiobook soon!
- The bone season by Samantha Shannon – Yes! Did it! But I don’t remember anything from it.. I did like it enough for continuing.
- The knife of never letting go by Patrick Ness – I’m so happy I read this! Patrick Ness has quickly became a favorite author!
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson – I’m sad I did not end up reading this one this year.. I’m definitely planning on reading more Sanderson next year!
- The fifth season by N.K. Jemisin – Another one I’m sad about that I did not read it.. I did buy the ebook though, so its ready to be read whenever I want to!
- Lumberjanes/Gotham academy vol.1 by Chynna Clugston Flores – Nope didn’t do it. I did read gotham academy so I would know the characters, but I did not like it that much..
- Little fires everywhere by Celeste Ng – didn’t read it, but I’m also not interested anymore? So probably won’t read it at all.
5/10.. only half hahaha And only one I’m not interested in anymore haha. Maybe I will have better luck next year!
Then for the other goals I made, to be honest I did not track them really well so I hope what I’m saying is correct:
- Read 125 books – definitely reached this one! At the moment I’m at 241, so more than 100 ahead!
- Read 12 classics – Yes made this one, I read at least one a month, and I think 1 or 2 extra.
- Finish 10 series – Pretty sure I finished way more than 10!
- Read 5 new to me authors – definitely, I just took a look at the upper shelf and there were already more then 5 books from new-to-me authors I read this year.
- Read 15 2018 releases – Also definitely!
- Read 2 non-fiction books – Yes, but only 2 hahah, so just made it (read the second one in December haha).
I was thinking about doing the same challenges next year, but maybe I should make it a little bit more difficult ahha.
Come talk to me!
Have you reached your 2018 goals?