At the beginning of 2021 I made a 21 books to read in 2021 list and I had set some reading goals for myself. So I thought it would be fun to look back at them and see how I did!
Let´s start with the 2021 TBR:
- Malice by John Gwynne – Not read! Starting off great..
- Black Prism by Brent Weeks – Read! 4.5 stars!
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn – Read! 4.5 stars!
- Witchshadow by Susan Dennard – Read! 2 stars!
- Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff – Read! 5 stars!
- Hörrorstor by Grady Hendrix – Not read!
- Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson – Read! 3 stars!
- Wings of Shadow by Nicki Pau-Preto – Read! 4 stars!
- The Gilded Ones by Nomina Forna – Read! 3 stars!
- The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin – Not read!
- Get a Life Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert – Read! 4 stars!
- The Martian by Andy Weir – Read! 4.5 stars!
- The Secret History by Donna Tart – Not read!
- Jade City by Fonda Lee – Not read!
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – Not read!
- Dune by Frank Herbert – Read! 4 stars!
- The Magician’s Guild by Trudi Canavan – Not read!
- Final Girls by Riley Sagar – Read! 4 stars!
- Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse – Read! 4.5 stars!
- Clown in a Cornfield by Adam Cesare – Not read!
- When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole – Not read!
12/21?! Just over half haha… Some of the books that I haven’t read I’m still very excited about! Like Jade City and Malice (I have plans to binge both those series in 2022!). But I’m not so sure about Hörrorstor and Clown in a Cornfiels anymore..!
Now for the goals that I had set for the year! I don’t think I will list my 2022 reading goals this year on my blog, I did do them in my reading journal and they are quite similar for 2022!
- Read 200 books! Pass! I read 240 books this year so definitely complete!
- Read 12 classics. Fail. I read 8 though! Maybe 2 more, but I’m not really sure if to count those haha! But I will keep trying next year to read a classic a month!
- Read 6 non-fiction. Fail. I read 4! And all four I enjoyed, so reminder to pick them up more often! Will once again try again next year!
- Read 5 mystery. Pass! According to my Excel sheet I read 13 mystery/thriller. So I’m going to count this haha! I’m pretty sure I meant adult mysteries when I set this goal, but I don’t feel like checking how many I read of those haah. But I do need to read those more, I quite enjoy listening to them!
- Read 5 horror. Pass! I’m going to be kind to myself and count this haha! Again according to my excel I read 7, but two were graphic novels, and one a middle grade. Which was probably not really what I meant when I set the goal but whatever!
- Finish 10 series. Pass! I meant finishing series that I started before the start of 2021, which I did I finished 11 (If I counted correctly). But I also started and finished 10(!) other series this year 🙂
- Read 40 2021 releases. Pass! By a lot! I think I read 62 of those!
- Read 40 ‘backlist’ books. I will count books releases before 2018! Pass! This was a bit hard to figure out, but I think I read 85!