I decided to just go and do my own 24H readathon. I had two weeks of so I thought this was a perfect time, also I love my days spend reading 🙂
I did this readathon on the first of February, so good start of the month. They day before I want to the library to pick books for my TBR.
So my TBR consisted of:
- The broken prince by Erin Watt.
- Just so stories by Rudyard Kipling.
- Ruby red by Kerstin Gier.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama. (audiobook, already started).
- Snotgirl vol. 1 by Bryan Lee O’Malley.
So what I actually read:
- The broken prince. I was quite excited for this one, since I recently read boko 1 and it was fun. I also expected it to be a quick read, and that would be nice. That was true, but I was not a fan of this book. I basically hated most of it, but liked the plot twist so I will still continue the series.. I gave this book 2/5 stars, it had 358 pages. My review will be posted somewhere next week.
- Just so stories. I thought a short story collection would be nice so I could switch between my ‘real’ book and some stories. Which worked out really nicely. I enjoyed most of the stories, but some did not really grab my interest. The ones I definitely love were for example ‘How the Camel got it’s Hump’ and all those type of stories! I ended up giving this book 3.5 stars! I would definitely like to read more of his works!
- Ruby red. I ended up reading 204 out of 324 pages! I have read this book often in the past, but always in Dutch. I have considered this book as one of my favourites for a long time, and wanted to reread it in English to see my thought about this book after some years and in another language. And I can say I definitely loved it still! I will post a review soon!
- Snotgirl volume 1. This was interesting?! I have no idea what direction it will take though, but I think I will pick up volume 2 of this series!
- Becoming. I listened to 50 pages worth of this audiobook. By now I have finished it and I really liked it!
In total I read 906 pages! Which I’m really happy with 🙂 Would have been nice though if I finished Ruby red so that I would have reached a 1000 pages. But to have reached that I should not have watched 2 episodes of a series of unfortunate events.