I know there is a typo in de banner.. I’m currently not at a place where I can change this and it is annoying me a lot..
Since were a bit more than half way into the year, I thought it would be a good idea to do a challenge check in! I made some goals/challenges at the beginning of the year, so let’s see how I’m doing!
Let’s start with my 2020 TBR (original post here!)
- The eye of the world by Robert Jordan – Currently reading this one!
- Elantris by Brandon Sanderson – Not read yet, but I recently bought the book, so I’m hopeful that I will read it soon!
- The three-body problem by Liu Cixin – Not read, but I’m still really looking forward to be reading this!
- Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky – Not read, still excited though!
- Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames – Read! New favourite, absolutely loved it!
- The secret history by Donna Tart – Not read yet, not sure how excited I still am about this one.
- The lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – Not read, I still really want to, but I’m also a bit doubtful considering the sexual assault information that was going around on twitter about him.
- An ember in the ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Read! Another new favourite!
- Circe by Madeline Miller – Not read, also no desire to read this anymore..
- The city of brass by SA Chakraborty – Read! And again a new favourite!
- The bell jar by Sylvia Plath – Read, gave it 4 stars!
4/10.. Hoped I would have done better haha, but I’m in the middle of one, one I don’t want to read anymore, and two I’m doubting about haha. So that makes it look a bit better!
I also had some other goals (original post here!):
- Read 200 books – 164/200, so this one is going great!
- Read 12 classics – 5/12, my goal was one a month, but I keep skipping months and reading double the next haha, I need to up my game a bit!
- Read 5 non-fiction books – 3/5, so right on track! Would like to read more than 5 though, there are so many interesting looking ones!
- Finish 10 series – 7/10, I think haha, it was quite difficult to count! These are series I started before 2020 started, there are some series that I started and finished in 2020!
- Read 30 2020 releases – 47/30, so definitely hit this goal! I’ve been reading so many ARCs this year, so that really helps haha!
- Read 30 ‘backlist’ books (books released before 2017!) – 29/30, if I counted correctly.. But that means I’m almost there!
I’m actually pretty surprised with this! So much better then I had expected haha! I only need to remember to read classics and non-fiction!
I also signed up for the 2020 audiobook challenge (original post here!). There were different levels to aim for. In my sign-up post I said that my ‘official’ goal was Marathoner (50+ audiobooks), but I was secretly aiming for The 100 club (100+). Currently I’ve listened to 52 audiobook! I know I’m surprised by this number as well! So in theory 100 audiobooks should be doable, but in the first half of the year I did a lot of work during my thesis were I could listen to a book. I’m not sure how that will be during the second half! But I will definitely try and listen to 75 book!
And since I really love stats, lets include some stats from the year so far!