Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme created by Shanah @the Bionic Bookworm! You can find more information here!
This weeks topic is Books that weren’t what I expected! To be honest all of these books were not what I expected, but I also don’t really know what I did expect?! But I will try and explain haha:
- Wilder girls by Rory Power – I absolutely loved this book! I have to admit, I read this because of the cover haha. This was more scary then I expected, and I loved it! Also the character relations were so good!
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – I expected to loved it, but didn’t.. I expected some amazing witchy scenes, but that was not what I got..
- The cold is in her bones by Peternelle van Arsdale – Again I read this because of the cover..! This book was so good! Much darker and slow-going than I expected!
- If we were villains by ML Rio – I read this because Lala from Booksandlala loves it. I did not expect there to be so much Shakespeare?! I know I was warned, but still! Also this was so good!
- Norwegian woods by Haruki Murakami – Honestly, I just expected me to dislike this book.. This book is out of my comfort zone, but I still wanted to read it because people seem to love his work! So maybe it was not the book that wasn’t what I expected, but my enjoyment was!