About the meme:
This week’s meme is 2021 resolutions! I have already posted my 2021 reading goals (link here!), so this post is more focussed on blog and life related goals!:
- This might sound weird, but my most important goal is going to be blog less! And with that I mainly mean post less! At the moment I post every day, sometimes even more then once. And honestly it is exhausting and it stresses me out. And the main reason why I do this is that every day wordpress gives me this notification saying ‘You’re on a .. day streak on Evelyn Reads’, and it is not a good enough reason. I end up posting posts I’m not happy with, write reviews for books I don’t have much to say about, just so I have another thing to post.
- Continuing on on the previous goal, change my posting schedule! My idea right now is to post a Top Ten Tuesday OR Top Five Tuesday post (NOT both like I’m now often doing, just choose which one I like most), post a discussion post on Friday (Let’s Talk Bookish, if I can say something about the topic, otherwise a tag or come up with my own topic) and a Weekly Wrap Up on Sundays. And one review a week, not sure yet on what day. And if I want to post more I can, but I won’t stress about it!
- Again kinda continuing on on the first goal, only review books I want to. Since I wanted to post everyday I ended up writing reviews for books I did not have much to say about, and then I ended up posting reviews I’m not too happy with. So I want to write reviews for books I feel ‘passionate’ about, because I feel like you can see that in readers reviews! Or maybe I can try and combine reviews more often, like ‘3 mystery reviews’.
Moving on from this goal haha;
4. Try to stress less about reading! Sometimes I feel like I ‘have to’ read a certain page number each day, or a certain amount of books each month. Because otherwise I don’t have enough books to talk about?! Which is total bullshit.. So I just want to pick up my book when I feel like it, and if I don’t feel like it I shouldn’t force myself to. Because that often ends up in me enjoying a book less. It is okay to play on my switch a whole evening as well! (Or maybe I should play sims again..!!)
5. Don’t read books because of the hype! I so often pick up books because they are hyped, without knowing what the book is actually about. And I guess half of the time I end up not really liking the book.. So I should *try* and only pick up books I really think I would like based on synopsis! (Although there really are some booktubers out there that I blindly trust haha)
Some non-bookish goals:
6. Run 5km in 30 min! I actually think it is really funny this is a goal of mine! For years I thought running was so stupid, now I love it, and it is one of my favourite moments to clear my mind! Right now I think I run 5km in around 35 minutes.
7. Try and eat more healthy. I don’t necessarily eat very unhealthy, but I often go to the store buy a bag of candy and finish it all in half an hour.. And throughout 2020 I’ve been trying to not do this, but I think my problem was I did a all or nothing tactic, which did not work. So now I think I will try and go for 2 ‘cheat’ days a week. I think this will work better for me, because then I can look forward to it, or think ‘do I want to spend my cheat day already?’. Idk if this will work, we will have to wait and see haha.
8. Boring goal, Safe more money, I don’t want to put a number on this, since we never know what will happen in life. But generally think more about things I want to buy before I buy them.
Okay I did not think this post would be this long haha! These are not 10 goals, but I honestly did not think I would reach 3 goals haha. But as soon as I started typing, the goals just kept coming!